It's the end of the week and I look in the fridge for inspiration in preparing dinner (anyone been here?) I see cauliflower, broccoli, portobello mushroom, and also a block of soft tofu. I know what you're thinking. Stir-fry. However, desiring something richer - I made an Alfredo - and it turned out so delicious, I have to share it with you.
- 725g cauliflower (1 medium sized head)
- 250g tofu (1 packet)
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup savoury yeast
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (as needed)
- Boil cauliflower in good veggie stock,
- Pan fry garlic in olive oil on low heat,
- Once garlic and cauliflower are tender blend with remaining ingredients,
- Transfer blended sauce back to your pot and whisk in flour to thicken as needed,
- Season and serve!
While I made the Alfredo sauce I stuck two large portobello mushroom tops in the oven dressed with olive oil and fresh thyme (they cook themselves in about 10mins). I steamed the broccoli on top of the pasta cooking for the Alfredo. Dinner was served with the mushroom sliced on top the Alfredo with the broccoli served on the side as is.
Let me know if you try this, the nutrition is in the sauce: how sneaky and delicious!